You’ll love this Old Glen Abbey 2 storey home with over 2600′ of updated space plus a big finished basement..tucked into a great family neighbourhood with miles of wooded trails + several parks. Walk to The Bakery, St. Matthews, Abbey Lane + Loyola schools. The custom gourmet kitchen is a chef’s delight with gas stove, soft-close, full extension drawers, huge “Pantry” with cabinets and drawers+ walks-out to extensive decking + a heated Salt Pool. Main floor boasts lovely hardwood floors+ an updated laundry featuring granite counter + high-end MayTag front load machines. This perfect family home has a FR with fireplace + custom built-in cabinets with sliding doors leading to the sunny deck + pool. It is open to the breakfast area + kitchen. The Living Room has custom built-ins, hardwood + California shutters. The seperate DR with hardwood floors is perfect for entertaining.The second floor has 4 spacious bedrooms. Master has huge walk-in closet with heated floors + great storage. Updated ensuite boasts double sinks, oversized shower + heated floors. Front Windows ’03, Back windows ’08, Furnace ’07. Finished basement adds loads of play,work + storage space.Gardens full of gorgeous low-maintenance perennials. $849,900.00 Call Ann Corrigan to see this great family home ….905-334-4877
Many people search for Old Oakville Real Estate and you might wonder why. The Old Oakville area boasts exceptional dining, theaters and shopping. The waterfront features parks, restaurants and marinas. The Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital is located in Old Oakville. Access to the QEW and Oakville GO train station is available from Trafalgar Road. Old Oakville is located in South-Central Oakville along the shore of Lake Ontario. It is the original Oakville Settlement and is centred on Oakville Harbour.
In 1962 the town of Oakville merged with its neighbouring villages (Bronte, Palermo, Sheridan, and the remainder of Trafalgar Township) to become the new Town of Oakville, reaching northwards to Steeles Avenue in Milton. In 1973, the restructuring of Halton County into Halton Region brought the northern border southwards to just north of the future Highway 407.
The Oakville Milton and District Real Estate Board shared their Market Report on May 2, 2014 – According to figures released that day, the number of all property sales increased by 3.2 per cent in April compared to the same period in 2013. Monthly property sales totalled 874 compared to 847 in April 2013. This is a desirable real estate location.
“Residential sale prices in Milton and Oakville climbed substantially in April 2014,” said Jack McCrudden, President of OMDREB. “It was a busy month for our Members and these numbers reflect their hard work and the ultra-competitive marketplace.”
It’s not just about the real estate value it is the lifestyle that Old Oakville provides.
The VisitOakville.com History page says:
A walk through the historic streets of Old Oakville offers a first-hand look at classic architecture, and the Oakville Museum continues to tell the stories of the town through its exhibitions, special events and programs.
Oakville’s rich history is preserved and promoted by three active historical societies: Bronte Historical Society, Oakville Historical Society and Trafalgar Township Historical Society, providing tours, hosting events and commemorating Oakville’s oldest communities.
Oakville is now home to 182,520 people in 13 traditional neighbourhoods. Oakville’s present identity is very much shaped by its relationship to the natural wonders of the land, the spirit of its residents, and thriving industry – just as it was in the early beginning.
You can enjoy living in Old Oakville today!
View 438 Watson Ave by Contacting Ann Corrigan
5 Things you Need to Know about Buying a House…
1) Know your numbers. Call me to chat about working with a Mortgage Broker. You must be pre-approved for your mortgage before you start to look….having a budget is critical for you and your Real Estate Agent.
2) Know what you must have, would like, do not want. Are you looking for a house, semi-detached, TownHouse or Condo Apartment? Do you understand what a condo is? Do you want a yard? Do you need a garage? Are you (would you like to be) handy? Would a “fixer” appeal to you? How long do you intend living in this home? Will you start a family here?
3) Know what neighbourhoods appeal to you. Look at the Real Estate ads and attend some Open Houses to start to get familiar with your ideal area…..but, Know what your second and even third choice neighbourhoods could be.
4) Know what a Real Estate agent will do for you and what you should expect. An experienced professional will help you “wade” through a lot of the info above and narrow the search based on how you answer the questions above. As a seasoned professional, I will help you see properties that might not have been posted to realtor.ca yet…this allows you to be ahead of the curve and in a Seller’s market that is crucial. If the right house, in the right neighbourhood isn’t available, I will “pound the pavement” to unearth unlisted properties.
5) Know what’s involved in making a purchase beyond finding the perfect property…Know the best Home Inspectors, Lawyers, Movers etc…I have an experienced team that will help you every step of the way.
Call Ann Corrigan, Royal LePage Real Estate Services, Ltd. to find out more about the Home Buying process (905) 334-4877
Million Dollar lake views….$449,900…Stunning penthouse with soaring 10′ ceilings, 2bed,2bath suite bathed in sunlight. This stunning Clipper model with almost 1200′ of sunny space in prestigious Bronte Harbour Club overlooks Bronte Yacht Club, Bronte Village and the lake. Entertainment sized Dining Room overlooks massive Living Room with floor to ceiling windows/sliding door leading to roomy south facing balcony. The grounds are just lovely on the banks of Bronte Creek. The suite has loads of storage ensuite but also has a big walk-in locker and tandem (2car) parking. Spacious ensuite Laundry Room. Concierge,Indoor pool, gym, Guest Suite..No pets…Parking P1-#7 +#14–Locker P1-#146…
Call Ann Corrigan 905-334-4877