FOR LEASE–Old Oakville, perfect location..well kept with loads of great sunny space..huge main floor FR opens to Sunroom overlooking perennial gardens..finished basement with full bath + big windows…Shops, restaurants, schools, hiways + transit nearby..The Lake + DT Oakville are a 3 block stroll…Thank you for keeping this great home smoke + pet free….call Ann Corrigan for more details and to see this great home in Old #Oakville…905-338-3737
5 Things you Need to Know about the Home Inspection Process
1) Find an Inspector you trust…ask me, Ann Corrigan, for recommendations..I only work with experienced professionals
2) Get an overview of the scope of the inspection…what is included + what is not
3) How long will it take? An average 4 bedroom home-2500 sq’ +/- will take about 3 hours
4) An inspection is largely a visual evaluation of the property at that time….it cannot guarantee future occurrences
5) How much will it cost…prices will vary by inspector and scope of work…I can give you a rough idea
A Home Inspection is a great way to learn about your home…Call Ann Corrigan 905-334-4877 for more info
New condo owners are sometimes unpleasantly surprised by large increases in condo fees. These increases can occur during the 2nd or 3rd year of ownership.
For example, fees to cover the cost of certain amenities, like a guest suite that a corporation may have to buy as an asset, might not take effect until year 2. Before you buy, find out if there will be any deferred costs and make sure that you can handle a rise in monthly condo fees. Read more from the Ontario Ministry of Consumer Services
Buying a Resale Condo
There are 2 main differences between buying a unit from the developer and buying a resale condo:
- the Condominium Act gives people who buy a newly-built condo a 10-calendar day cooling-off period during which they can cancel the purchase. However, the Condominium Act does not provide buyers of resale condo units with a cooling-off period
- when you buy from a developer you are entitled to receive and review a package of materials called a disclosure statement. With a resale condo, you can review a similar package called a status certificate, provided by the condo corporation. However, you have to request and pay a fee to receive a status certificate. Both packages include copies of the declaration, by-laws and rules
Let’s chat about the condo market and what to watch for when on the hunt….Call Ann Corrigan 905-334-4877
If you or your co-Buyer are First-time home buyers or it’s been 5 years since you have owned a property, you might be eligible for an Income tax Credit…..check this out.
When you decide to start the hunt for your first home, call me to chat…I will make sure you understand the entire process…before, during and after the purchase…my only goal is to find the best property for you and to help make your dreams of home ownership come true. Ann Corrigan-RoyalLePage Real Estate 905-334-4877
235 O’Donoghue Ave., Oakville,
L6H 3W5 $749,900.00
Pride of ownership says it all. This centre hall entertainer’s delight welcomes you with a bright Living Room + Dining Room on either side of the open hall leading to the Family Room with Fireplace flanked by built-ins. Hardwood and slate floors throughout the main floor. The windows are complemented by California Shutters. The kitchen boasts lots of cupboards + overlooks the Backyard Oasis which is very low maintenance with inground irrigation, serene pond + Hot Tub. Sun-filled rooms + loads of updates create the perfect family home. 4 spacious bedrooms-all with impressive custom built-ins. A beautifully finished basement with Gas Fireplace + loads of storage adds more relaxing + play space. A very short walk to coveted River Oaks Public School,parks + just steps to miles of trails and woods. Your dream home is absolutely move-in ready on a great family street full of long-time neighbours. Furn.+AC’09,most Windows’09, Garage door’12,Attic Ins.’09…
Call Ann Corrigan 905-338-3737 to see this fabulous home
Easy to use mortgage tools to help you establish your financial situation, determine how much house you can afford and the maximum price that you should be considering.
Read More http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/co/buho/buho_005.cfm
Many people search for Old Oakville Real Estate and you might wonder why. The Old Oakville area boasts exceptional dining, theaters and shopping. The waterfront features parks, restaurants and marinas. The Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital is located in Old Oakville. Access to the QEW and Oakville GO train station is available from Trafalgar Road. Old Oakville is located in South-Central Oakville along the shore of Lake Ontario. It is the original Oakville Settlement and is centred on Oakville Harbour.
In 1962 the town of Oakville merged with its neighbouring villages (Bronte, Palermo, Sheridan, and the remainder of Trafalgar Township) to become the new Town of Oakville, reaching northwards to Steeles Avenue in Milton. In 1973, the restructuring of Halton County into Halton Region brought the northern border southwards to just north of the future Highway 407.
The Oakville Milton and District Real Estate Board shared their Market Report on May 2, 2014 – According to figures released that day, the number of all property sales increased by 3.2 per cent in April compared to the same period in 2013. Monthly property sales totalled 874 compared to 847 in April 2013. This is a desirable real estate location.
“Residential sale prices in Milton and Oakville climbed substantially in April 2014,” said Jack McCrudden, President of OMDREB. “It was a busy month for our Members and these numbers reflect their hard work and the ultra-competitive marketplace.”
It’s not just about the real estate value it is the lifestyle that Old Oakville provides.
The VisitOakville.com History page says:
A walk through the historic streets of Old Oakville offers a first-hand look at classic architecture, and the Oakville Museum continues to tell the stories of the town through its exhibitions, special events and programs.
Oakville’s rich history is preserved and promoted by three active historical societies: Bronte Historical Society, Oakville Historical Society and Trafalgar Township Historical Society, providing tours, hosting events and commemorating Oakville’s oldest communities.
Oakville is now home to 182,520 people in 13 traditional neighbourhoods. Oakville’s present identity is very much shaped by its relationship to the natural wonders of the land, the spirit of its residents, and thriving industry – just as it was in the early beginning.
You can enjoy living in Old Oakville today!
View 438 Watson Ave by Contacting Ann Corrigan
5 Things you Need to Know about Buying a House…
1) Know your numbers. Call me to chat about working with a Mortgage Broker. You must be pre-approved for your mortgage before you start to look….having a budget is critical for you and your Real Estate Agent.
2) Know what you must have, would like, do not want. Are you looking for a house, semi-detached, TownHouse or Condo Apartment? Do you understand what a condo is? Do you want a yard? Do you need a garage? Are you (would you like to be) handy? Would a “fixer” appeal to you? How long do you intend living in this home? Will you start a family here?
3) Know what neighbourhoods appeal to you. Look at the Real Estate ads and attend some Open Houses to start to get familiar with your ideal area…..but, Know what your second and even third choice neighbourhoods could be.
4) Know what a Real Estate agent will do for you and what you should expect. An experienced professional will help you “wade” through a lot of the info above and narrow the search based on how you answer the questions above. As a seasoned professional, I will help you see properties that might not have been posted to realtor.ca yet…this allows you to be ahead of the curve and in a Seller’s market that is crucial. If the right house, in the right neighbourhood isn’t available, I will “pound the pavement” to unearth unlisted properties.
5) Know what’s involved in making a purchase beyond finding the perfect property…Know the best Home Inspectors, Lawyers, Movers etc…I have an experienced team that will help you every step of the way.