5 Things you Need to Know about Buying a House…
1) Know your numbers. Call me to chat about working with a Mortgage Broker. You must be pre-approved for your mortgage before you start to look….having a budget is critical for you and your Real Estate Agent.
2) Know what you must have, would like, do not want. Are you looking for a house, semi-detached, TownHouse or Condo Apartment? Do you understand what a condo is? Do you want a yard? Do you need a garage? Are you (would you like to be) handy? Would a “fixer” appeal to you? How long do you intend living in this home? Will you start a family here?
3) Know what neighbourhoods appeal to you. Look at the Real Estate ads and attend some Open Houses to start to get familiar with your ideal area…..but, Know what your second and even third choice neighbourhoods could be.
4) Know what a Real Estate agent will do for you and what you should expect. An experienced professional will help you “wade” through a lot of the info above and narrow the search based on how you answer the questions above. As a seasoned professional, I will help you see properties that might not have been posted to realtor.ca yet…this allows you to be ahead of the curve and in a Seller’s market that is crucial. If the right house, in the right neighbourhood isn’t available, I will “pound the pavement” to unearth unlisted properties.
5) Know what’s involved in making a purchase beyond finding the perfect property…Know the best Home Inspectors, Lawyers, Movers etc…I have an experienced team that will help you every step of the way.